Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Kensington Palace/Gardens and Hyde Park

The Serpentine Lake between Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens

Kensington Palace


Place that was voted #1 Bloody Mary's in London

Feeding the squirrels at Hyde Park


On Sunday we ventured back out around London, this time the weather was a tad bit warmer so we enjoyed it much more!  We rode the tube up to the Knightsbridge exit and first stopped by a restaurant called the Grenadier, which was voted as having the "Best Bloody Mary's" in London.  They were good, definitely the best I've had in Europe so far, but nothing like my Momma and Cathy's!  

Next we took a stroll through Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens.  It was pretty, the Serpentine Lake had ice on it and there were people rollerblading throughout the paths.  I can only imagine how active and fun it would be during warm weather!  The squirrels were very tame and one actually ran up onto my leg to grab a bite of food!  Melissa caught it all on camera, I'm such a nerd but that made my day!  We also saw Kensington Palace, which is where Princess Diana lived after her and Charles divorced.  That was neat to see, but it was nothing like I expected.  Our friend that is from here, Laura, told us that Palaces and Castles are not the same thing.  So when I go to see a Palace in the future I need to not expect to see a Castle so that I'm not let down!

We then headed to Oxford Street, which is a shopping mecca and ran into Selfridge's and Melissa bought a pair of skinny jeans!  I'm so proud.  Next up...leggings.

That was it for Sunday!  Bye for now!  Take care : )

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment